Fair Warning .......

After all the kerfuffle having to change over to a new blog earlier on in the year, producing posts has not been as easy or fun as it used to be. Since Live Writer died, the positioning of pictures has become the real bane of my life, so after 15 odd years of pretty consistent blogging I've decided that from January 1st 2025 I shall be going out to pasture! I may still post the odd picture or two as a record of my latest project, but I won't be writing up or photographing any of the process, because, sometimes, that can actually take longer than the making itself. As a blogger, I am now something of a dinosaur, if I were starting out now I'd have my own YouTube channel, but with my Brummie accent, I don't think the world would still ever be quite ready for that! Anyway, with six months to go, there's still plenty of time for a few more projects and ideas so let's see what happens .........

Monday 3 June 2024

DIY Thank You Card For A Handyman

I can't remember when I last made a card, but this was made at the request of my daughter who has had huge problems with her kitchen of late and was rescued by a knight in shining armour wielding an extensive toolbox!


There's not a lot too it, thank goodness as I'm naturally very rusty with regards cardmaking after all this time. It uses a pre-cut, scored 5cm square card. 


........ scraps of  two wood print design papers, mini scrabble tiles........


...... and laser cut, MDF tools bought from eBay, that I coloured with red, black Sharpies and a brilliant chrome pen (Amazon).  The pictures don't really do justice to the chrome effect because in "real life" it is a lot shinier and metallic looking.


The tools were arranged and glued round the sentiment ...........


 ....... with a little faux stitching using a black, fine tipped, liner pen round the edges and added rough details on the tools, plus dots and three dot clusters again using the chrome pen to tie everything together ........ all done and dusted in about half and hour. 

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Looks great to me! You seem to have fallen right back into the knack of cardmaking.

Anonymous said...

Great card.

Michele