Monday 8 April 2024

Easter Toadstool Hanging Decorations/Gift Tags

More toadstools today .......


..... this time with Eas
ter in mind ........


...... using the small, silicone, toadstool mould I got from Temu ......


....... and a few flat, wooden egg shapes covered on both sides with papers from a 6" x 6" Delightful Daisies paper pad from Crafters Companion.


I then glued on the already painted toadstools (left over from another project) using Hard As Nails for a really secure fix, before varnishing both sides several times, with Wickes clear, glossy, quick dry varnish.  But then I left them for a week or so because I knew they needed something else, but couldn't think what.


Then ..... I remembered a small pot of gold flakes I'd had for a while.  


I didn't really have a clue how to use them, but lightly covered the varnished paper with watered down PVA glue and simply brushed the gold flakes over it, the flakes broke up a little, stuck and voila  ....... it worked!


The effect was magical and I'm already thinking that I might be able to repeat the idea again but for Christmas, using a flat, wooden, bauble shape in place of the eggs and perhaps adding a little translucent ultra fine glitter to the toadstool caps for a frosty, winter effect?


So, for now, it's back to the drawing board ...........  

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

The gold finishes them off beautifully. Love these!

tilly said...

The gold flakes really make the toadstools come to life, inspired! lol x