Fair Warning .......

After all the kerfuffle having to change over to a new blog earlier on in the year, producing posts has not been as easy or fun as it used to be. Since Live Writer died, the positioning of pictures has become the real bane of my life, so after 15 odd years of pretty consistent blogging I've decided that from January 1st 2025 I shall be going out to pasture! I may still post the odd picture or two as a record of my latest project, but I won't be writing up or photographing any of the process, because, sometimes, that can actually take longer than the making itself. As a blogger, I am now something of a dinosaur, if I were starting out now I'd have my own YouTube channel, but with my Brummie accent, I don't think the world would still ever be quite ready for that! Anyway, with six months to go, there's still plenty of time for a few more projects and ideas so let's see what happens .........

Monday 8 July 2024

Small Panda Frame

 Following on from last week, another very simple panda frame for Iris's birthday ........


..... there's note an awful lot to it, using a small, 50p, charity shop, wooden picture frame and a £1.28 panda brooch from Temu, so still cheaper than actually buying a birthday card!


I started by taking the picture and glass out of the frame, before giving it two coats of gold acyclic paint and clipping the fastener etc. off the back of the brooch.


When the frame was dry, I replaced the original picture with a scrap of pale blue, subtlety patterned paper for the new background and putting the glass back too.


I then carefully glued the panda onto the glass using B-7000 glue, not touching it again until I knew the glue had really dried and the panda wouldn't move without a struggle.


It looked OK and that's when I left it for a day or two, before thinking perhaps it needed a cloud or two, remembering some tiny stickers I bought a couple of years ago.


Well, the clouds looked pants, but I liked the effect of the trees on the glass and at either side of the frame, adding a little varnish to keep them in place for good measure.


Not an awful lot to it I know, but a certain little madam, who just adores pandas, was well chuffed.

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

I think it's perfect! And of course Iris loved it.