Fair Warning .......

After all the kerfuffle having to change over to a new blog earlier on in the year, producing posts has not been as easy or fun as it used to be. Since Live Writer died, the positioning of pictures has become the real bane of my life, so after 15 odd years of pretty consistent blogging I've decided that from January 1st 2025 I shall be going out to pasture! I may still post the odd picture or two as a record of my latest project, but I won't be writing up or photographing any of the process, because, sometimes, that can actually take longer than the making itself. As a blogger, I am now something of a dinosaur, if I were starting out now I'd have my own YouTube channel, but with my Brummie accent, I don't think the world would still ever be quite ready for that! Anyway, with six months to go, there's still plenty of time for a few more projects and ideas so let's see what happens .........

Monday 1 July 2024

Just A Girl Who Loves Pandas

This is what I made for Iris in way of a card for her 10th Birthday, as she is totally obsessed by pandas! 


I got the box frame from Temu, it was a little on the spendy side at £3.48, but when I compared it to the frames I would normally use (usually the boxes small wooden embellishments come in), they are quite a bit bigger and I really like the larger space at the top to put a title etc.


The pandas are Croc clog embellishments (again from Temu), they have a stud on the back that you poke through the holes in the clogs, but which are also perfect for using as a base for the glue and add a little extra dimension to the project.


I started by cutting squares from scraps of patterned paper to use as a background for all the compartments before adding said pandas.


I cut an oblong of spotty paper for the larger compartment, using my trusty, old Dymo printer to write the sentiment, adding a little faux stitching round the edge of the paper, as I did for the smaller squares.


I then backed this onto a piece of card for extra rigidity, with a double layer of sticky pads on the back before sticking it into the frame, this added dimension, rather than having it lie flat in the back of the space, if that makes sense?


I also edged the dividers and sides of the frame using a purple Sharpie pen .....


 
...... covered the sides with the same spotty paper, adding a purple edge to them too.........


...... before finishing the whole thing off by embellishing it here and there with red, flat back gems and silver nail art hearts.
.

There's not an awful lot to it to be honest, it only took me about 45 mins .......


...... but it's more of a lasting memory than a card that's soon put away, forgotten about and eventually thrown away.

Note to self ..... if I were to do this again, I might also colour the inside of each compartment?  

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Looks great! For Iris? If so, she'll treasure it.

tilly said...

what a gorgeous present for Iris to tresure, love the little panda's x