Tuesday 26 March 2024

Small Easter Wreath ......

I had high hopes for my Easter wreath this year, that is until I couldn't find any more of the string carrot embellishments I was so chuffed with from The Works (see 20th February post).  I tried in every Works I passed and online, but no luck ...........


Disappointed, I decided to use up all the foam carrots I had left over from Easters past (still available in Home Bargains 79p a pack of 6), although I wasn't very inspired by the idea.


I started off by painting a small MDF wreath on both sides with green acrylic paint.


Then glue gunned two layers of said carrots onto the wreath base, adding a few painted, wooden ladybirds for a little extra interest.


However, despite adding a carrot print bow, made with Easter ribbon from The Range (£1.29 for 2.7m), it still looked rather lacklustre to welcome in the spring!


So, I simply grabbed a few small, resin roses that I already had, punched some tiny foliage to go with them and then stuck them all in clusters around the carrots.  It looked better .........


......but it's not my finest work by any stretch of the imagination, but it will do for the next two weeks or so!

HEADS UP - The Works are stopping their Together Rewards scheme from Saturday 30th March, however vouchers can still be redeemed until Saturday 29th June.  I can't say I am surprised...... I've seen value for money and the quality of some of their craft products, particularly packets of embellishements go down in the past year or so. I  know I am partly to blame for their struggle, after championing them (as well as The Range and Hobbycraft) for quite a few years now, I'm afraid I've succumbed, finding better quality, value, variety and inspiration on Temu ......... hangs head in shame!

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

There are many of us (me included!) who have found better selection and value on Temu. We're not made of money, and we have to shop where we get the best value. Your wreath looks great and will spread Easter/Spring cheer to all who see it.